EMERGENCY PROGRAM MANAGER
Côte d'Ivoire, Laguna, AbidjanOperations
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders), an international medical humanitarian association founded in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose lives are threatened: mainly in cases of armed conflict, but also epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters, or exclusion from care.
MSF WACA (West and Central Africa) was created in 2019 and aims to bring about a change in the dynamics of the MSF movement. WACA is driven by a significant number of doctors and humanitarians of Doctors Without Borders from West and Central Africa who wish to be heard, to contribute and above all to proactively assume responsibility for the humanitarian mission of the organization. WACA reflects an identity of humanitarians, an aspiration for MSF, a truly inclusive movement of people who share the values of empathy for others. Its strength is based on other MSF associations and its associative fiber is amplified by concrete operational objectives.
Why join us?
You will find yourself a rich multicultural environment embellished with many relaxation areas to exchange or just create. The opportunity to test and learn. Every idea is welcome, your comments and opinions will be appreciated at all levels of the organization. The chance to be a key player in a growing and highly qualified team. And most importantly, great colleagues in a healthy work environment... (yes, yes..)
We are looking for: Emergency Program Manager
Direct Manager: Director of Operations
Working %: 100
Position based in: Abidjan
Mobility: 80% Head quarter and 20% field
Position to be filled on: as soon as possible
- Implement emergencies programs
- Lead the emergencies teams and develop the field pool emergency
He/she will be in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Monitor contexts in Africa and the rest of the world requiring emergency response.
- Refine MSF WaCA's emergency strategy by integrating Operational Innovations.
- Define resources and develop the necessary budgets for emergency response
- Organize meetings with other MSF movement emergency cells
- Create and maintain networking with partners involved in emergency response (UN, African Union Organizations, and local organizations)
- Support our regular missions according to their needs in terms of capacity building and the development of emergency response strategies:
- Define the Eprep plan
- Define resources
- Supporting emergency response
Pré-requis du poste
Professional experience required/ Who are we looking for?
- Medical, paramedical or non-medical (with an interest in medicine).
- At least four years of field experience in coordination positions
- Knowledge of the emergency aid environment and experience in managing Projects in insecure environments are required
- Experience at the international level
- Similar Experience with MSF at HQ position or in the humanitarian sector will be an asset
Fluency in one of the two working languages of WaCA: French or English; ability to communicate in the other language.
Aptitudes – Soft Skills
- Autonomy, professional rigor and ability to set priorities
- Analytical thinking and synthesis ability
- Ability to translate information into an operational language
- Ability to research, analyze and write reports
- Ability to lead a team and delegate
- Strong organizational skills
- Commitment for association and humanitarian action
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- Proactivity and to be solution oriented
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- · Ability to think out of the box and to be creative
- Proficiency and excellent knowledge in computers and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, …)
N.B.: This job description provides a framework for the main responsibilities and primary activities of the position. It is not exhaustive. Therefore, the responsibilities and activities of the position may differ from those described in this job description due to organizational and operational needs.
Deadline: 09th December 2022 at 18:00 GMT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.